Monday 12 January 2009

Learning to teach :)


I came to KJO with a clearly specified aim- becoming an English teacher. To be honest, I am not quite sure when this idea originated. I assume it was more or less in high school that I became certain that this is what I wanna do.

During my teaching practice I didn't change my mind. Yet, I realized that being a teacher, a good teacher, involves plenty of preparation to the lessons. Many issues should be carefully considered, you never know how your students may react. Besides, you can NEVER plan a lesson and conduct it in exactly the same way as you would like it to look. :)

I am almost sure that I would like to teach in primary school. Such children seem the most honest in their attitude and the teacher can shape their perception of learning a language. Therefore, I really enjoyed my TP in primary school. Each class I taught was exceptional. In each class I found something worth remembering. I remember asking one class, shortly after the elections in the US, about the results. And the WHOLE class screamed: 'Taki murzyn został prezydentem!!!" :D

Take care and enjoy your TP,
Dżastina :)

1 comment:

AgataL said...

Great! Such moment can keep you going for a few weeks :) Good luck with your teaching!